- Basics of microbes and antimicrobials
- Health and economic burden of AMR and importance of surveillance
- Process of developing national action plans
- Challenges and potential solutions in AMR innovations.
- Global Initiatives and individual responsibility
- Using the one health approach.
- Key leadership skills
- How to engage in research and policy discussions
- Project development and implementation
- Importance of team work
Activities I have done:
- I created an AMR Stewardship Committee to at Busitema University for sustainable implementation of AMR activities.
- Continuous social media AMR awareness.
- Written a research proposal on AMR with colleagues pending approval.
I have coordinated a number of activities planned for the WAAW 2021, Including;
- A virtual panel discussion on AMR.
- A CME at Mbale Referral Hospital.
- Two radio talk shows
- Go blue hike for AMR
- Placards printing for social media campaigns.
Activities I intend to do.
- Forming a Uganda interuniversity AMR stewardship Association to Strengthen AMR activities through Interuniversity collaboration.
- Carry out quality assurance and community based projects on AMR
- Design a mobile Application with information and for detection, monitoring and surveillance.
- Engage in AMR policy discussions.
- Continued Sensitization activities.
To win the battle against AMR, fight with others, put the young people at the frontline, and watch them do the magic.