My key learnings from the AMRLEP program are;
- Basic background information on the discovery of antimicrobials
- Most of the causes of antimicrobial resistance in our communal practices
- The knowledge gap in antimicrobial resistance surveillance in most countries and knowledge gap in the awareness of antimicrobial resistance especially in Africa-Uganda
- The importance of using the one health approach to boost antimicrobial surveillance, becoming stewards of antimicrobial resistance and creating awareness about the grave impact of antimicrobial resistance in the nearby future.
- How to harness good leadership skills, create and maintain a good work ethics, personal and professional profile and build feasible social capital for networking and opportunities.
- Tips on project planning, management and evaluation
- National research and policies on antimicrobial resistance
Therefore with the above learning points I intend to narrow down the wide knowledge gap on antimicrobial resistance among my peers, colleagues and fellow citizens by creating awareness about antimicrobial resistance and how to combat it as a team for the benefit of our future generation.
QUOTE: ALONE, YOU CAN ATTAIN QUITE ANUMBER OF THINGS BUT TOGETHER, WE ARE CAPABLE OF SO MUCH MORE IF ONLY WE CAN RISE UP AS A TEAMAND SPEAK OUT; FOR OUR FUTURE AND FUTURE GENERATIONS TO COME IN THIS FIGHT AGAINST AMR TILL WE BECOME UNSTOPPABLE!